Sunday, November 21, 2010

Journey

In few weeks, our family will be going to Australia for a Fortaleza family reunion. This is not something that we plan to do right now, we thought of doing this in the future when we're able financially. But God made a way for us to go. He knew that it is beyond our financial budget, but He provided. How can you say "no" if God used someone to provide 3 airfare  and offered free lodgings and meals for the whole trip? It's a blessing!. Isn't God good? I really can't thank Him enough for all the blessings he gave us.


My hubby's three sisters and their families migrated to Australia 20 yrs. ago and since then, they barely see each other. I think the last time they've seen each other is that when their mother passed away 5 yrs. ago, they all went back to the Philippines.
They really wanted to see their younger brother and spent sometime with him and his family, of course :) and this is the right time. It is also an opportunity for our children to meet their cousins and vice versa.
I believed that we're not going there for vacation only but we also feel that God wants us to do something. Two of his sisters has been attending our church there regularly, but lately, things are going downhill in their spiritual lives and they are reaching out. 


 And here's some thoughts on security checks too when you travel. Since the 9/11 incident, security checks on airports are never been the same again specially international flights. Tighter screening and more and more powerful means of scanning and searching are required. We even need to remove our shoes and sweaters.


How different in approach this perspective of David, when he said "Search me O God and know my heart, try me and know my anxious thoughts and see if there be any hurtful way in me and lead me in the everlasting way".. Psalm 139:23-24. I believed it's because he had learned to welcome and trust in the Lords examination of his heart, knowing that the end result was for the greater benefit, not just for ourselves, but also for those with whom we associate.
Heart searching are humbling, inconvenient, awkward, time consuming, sometimes embarrassing, but in the end comes relief and security, along with the gratification of close, honest and trusting relationships. We all need this in our journey of life.


Pray for our trip! We try to bring a piece of Australia for you.

Sydney, Australia

5 comments:

Cindy said...

I am so happy that your family can take this trip right now. It's good to do it before any of your kids leave home and with Josel being 16 already, you never know when you might be able to do this again. We will be praying for you, trust me! You will enjoy going over there during our cold winter weather, too, it's a chance to enjoy some summer heat!
It's not fun to succomb to their searches, but I guess it is for the safety of all. Shannon Peacock was telling us what it is like now, I would HATE it, so I trust they will be kind to your family.
Love and hugs, Cynthia

Unknown said...

I am happy that you get to go. It is a blessing from God and I know that He has a purpose for you to be there at this time. God will use you. Say hi to Darlene Zschech for me hehe. :) (hugs)

lenny said...

Have fun Ate Jean. Take lots of pictures. I can't wait to see them. Have a safe trip.

Mhel said...

Enjoy Jean! Have a happy and safe trip!

Jane said...

Thanks.
@sis. Cindy, that's true, we never know when will we be able to go back there, so it's a great opportunity for us all.

@ Sis. Wendy, Yes, I will say hi to Darlene for you :) We're actually going to visit their bookstore in Sydney and see their church. I hope she's there lol.

@ Len, yes, I will take lots of picture.

@ Te Mhel, hope that we can go together there. Thanks.