Monday, October 3, 2011

Tis Season to Give Thanks

This month is  a reminder to have a thankful heart, although we should give thanks to the Lord each day and all throughout the year for what He had done to us. Reminder is a good thing because sometimes  in the busyness of our life, we forget to express how blessed we are. Giving thanks not only for the blessings but to every challenges along the way , good or bad. Our God is  always our strength. 


I love these verses,
" Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. Jehovah, the Lord, is my strength; and he maketh my feet like hinds feet, and will make me to walk upon my high places..." Habakkuk 3:18-19.


As I pondered with it this morning, my heart is full of thanksgiving! His Word is full of promises that we can claim everyday. No words can express how thankful I am for the things He had done in my life. I rejoice in Him. I take joy in the God of my salvation. He is my strength and he makes me walk on the high places.
Our joy doesn't come from our blessings, our JOY is our blessing, His PROMISES is our blessings. As we enter into this season of thanksgiving and as we focus on the many blessings God has bestowed upon our lives, let us remember that even if there are things that we give thanks for were to be taken away, we still have cause and a reason to rejoice. He is the I AM and no matter what comes against us, God is able. He is our strength. 


Everyday is a season to give thanks!


Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!



3 comments:

Cindy said...

You are so right, we should always give thanks, no matter what our circumstances are.
Beautiful sentiment today!
Hugs, Cynthia

Unknown said...

I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving!

Twinkle Terrior said...

I love your blog ! God bless you- you are an inspiriation :)