It's a habit that stucked in me since I was young. I love to collect perfumes! specially the sweet and floral smelling scents. I just love things that smells good :). But It took time before I got to finally find a perfume that really suit my personality. There are so many amazing perfumes out there and it's pretty challenging to find that really suits you and amazing on you. Not all branded and signature fragrances can suit you as well although it can be fun. Do not be fooled by nice and prettiest bottles, but take time to smell it first yourself personally before buying it.
Here's some tips that can help you find the right fragrance for you:
1.To keep it simple, perfumes come in five general categories.
Fresh, sweet, floral, oriental and woody. Decide on these categories you love. Or you can have all of these scents and can wear them on different occasions, depends on your likings.
Heavier scents are more appropriate for the outdoors or night time, while lighter scents are better suited for places like work or school. But if you want a signature scent, look for something that will transition well between different scenarios. It's quite pricy but you don't have to worry about having two scents on different occasions.
2. To make a good choice, you should go to the perfume store in the morning when you can smell things better. However, if you have cold or you are tired, you should put off your visit till another day.
3. Try perfume on clean, non perfumed skin. During one test you should try only up to three different fragrances because your nose will not be able to recognize more scents. Smell coffee beans in between testing to neutralize the scent before trying another one. Some stores have coffee beans ready for you during testing.
4. Do not smell the top of the bottle or it's cap because the scent you smell is not the real one. You may smell an odor of alcohol instead. You should not also try perfume on the piece of paper but on your skin.
5. When you spray perfume on your skin for the first time, wait for about thirty seconds until alcohol evaporates. Then you will be able to find out what the top notes of perfume are. The top notes are highly volatile, it evaporate quickly and not last very long. The base notes have a profound influence on the blend. They are very long lasting ( it comes out 20 minutes to 2 hours later) :) That's why when I'm buying perfume, it took me a while to figure out the smell.
6. If you have already decides which perfume to choose, buy the smallest bottle of it. The expiring date of perfumes is usually up to three years from the manufacturing date. Even if you do not use your perfumes often, they may change.
I love fresh and sweet and spicy scents. Fresh are refreshing in summertime while sweet and spicy are my all season favourites. My favourites right now are Carolina Herrera, Euphoria, Giorgio Armani Code and Burberry Brit and my day scent " sweet little things" from Victoria's secret.
How about you? Do you care for perfumes and fragrances? What is your favourite scents?
Have a sweet smelling day everyone!