Monday, January 23, 2012

Back to my Homeland



I think I need vacation after our vacation lol.  

Our vacation was amazing! It's so good to be with all my side of the family. We are scattered around the globe and meet in one place. Just imagined the level of adrenaline we had, catching up the lost time together. It's a grand Grand reunion indeed. We rented the whole resort for ourselves, got our own tourist bus for city tour. Visited beautiful landmarks in my parents hometown in Panglao, Bohol like the Chocolate Hills, ate at floating restaurant in Loboc River, dessert at Bee Farm, eating strange but delicious ice cream haha. Playing hide and seek to the smallest monkey in the world, the Tarsiers, and enjoying the manmade forest and beautiful scenic views. Island hopping in Virgin Island, snorkeling at the deepest diving spot. Most divers from all over the world come to this place. I did the craziest thing ever happened in my life, zip lining! I thought I have acrophobia, but I guess not because aside from zipline, I did parasailing too and worse I enjoyed it. I rock! LOL.

It is such an amazing time together. I enjoyed the beautiful beach in Boracay the most! fun, fun fun. I am happy of getting a break for sure and of course that happiness was magnified times 100 when we were in vacation. Spending Christmas and New year with them. There were moments of frustrations, and annoyances and some dramas, but overall it was great! Just experiencing it all with the family was fantastic. I was so happy the whole time. It was an unforgettable time for my children too.

But I'm back to reality. I thought I will never finish unpacking and doing laundry, and of course I have to be mentally prepared, changed my gear taking care of my little ones and some other stuff. It's difficult at first to get back to the daily routine... and I am really tired and beat. I got sick the day we left Philippines, until now my body is not recuperating.
Wrapping up this vacation is exhausting haha. I guess it's time to plan another vacation hah!.

Inspite of all these things. I am glad I'm home. Nothing beats your own bed :) I missed our church and our church family.


That's me, Jessica and Len (my sister in law) up there parasailing till the sun goes down lol. We are pulled by speedboat.

All by myself zip lining. I am so proud of myself! lol


This is the Chocolate hills. It was foggy when we were there, but these hundreds of hills looked like droplets of truffle chocolates. The colour change to brown in a hot summer day!


One of the hill looks closer but we were actually on top of the mountain.


The smallest monkey in the world is found in the Philippines. The Tarsiers! this big eyed nocturnal animal is only 3.5 inches and weigh 2.5 lbs.


This is the Virgin Island. No one is living in this island. During high tide season, this island vanish.  Did you see us way up there enjoying walking in this white coral sand?. We were actually the only people here. It took us an hour in a speed boat to get here.


Me and hubby had a great time alone in Boracay Island.



So there, that's  just a tip of an iceberg :) More fun to come!
   

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I'm not sure if I should applaud you for your courage to go para-sailing and zip lining or just say, YIKES!!! I am not one to do those kind of things, so I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Looks like you had a lovely time in your beautiful homeland.
Love and hugs, Cynthia

Jane said...

Hahaha... You should try Sis.! I used to love rides when I was younger. I was traumatized in one of the roller coaster, after that I stop riding any rides.