Friday, May 25, 2012

Life

 Can you hear the sound of silence?

My children and hubby is in Youth Retreat right now. They will stay there overnight. I am alone with my little monkeys! They had supper, bath and now they are in bed. It's only 8:30 pm and I'm done most of my house chores. One more load of laundry and it's done for the day, the rest can wait. 
After I update this blog, I will enjoy my ballerina tea while doing my homework :)

After few minutes...

Writing course is getting harder than I thought. I'm not even halfway there but I want to quit already...haha. My homework today is to write about "Parent". Writing is a good way of stimulating your mind. Hopefully, at least half percent of my brain will start to work. It's just that it's not working properly right now, so back to blog lol.

I am enjoying the book that I'm reading recently, "Tuesdays with Morrie" by Mitch Albom. It is a very inspirational book that teaches life's great lessons. It lovingly captured the simplicity of life's complexity. A story of a dying man who enjoy his remaining time encouraging, sharing wits to his healthy, smart but sad, unsatisfied, and lonely student. Two people with different situation, different perspective, different way of looking what life is all about. 
 I cannot even imagine going through the last stages of my own life and being as brave  as Morrie. He was filled with such happiness and joy in his own life. He had regrets but realized that it is ok as long as you can reconcile with yourself in the end.  This book made me very emotional because it reminded me of the passing of my father a few years back. It has been awhile since my father has passed away, but I still get teary eyed every time I think about him. He was a great man and impacted my life heavily, just like Morrie did with Mitch.

A quote from this book that I love , ""A teacher affects eternity, he can never tell where his influence stops."

 Read it. This book will inspire you.

Well, really got to go and do my homework :)

Hope that you all have a great day!


3 comments:

Cindy said...

"Tuesdays with Morrie" is a good read, I also found it hard to read it without getting emotional.
Hugs, Cynthia

RH said...

Hi, Nice post! Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

Thanks!

Harry
harry.roger10@gmail.com

Pearl said...

HI Jane,
How are you? Hoping all's well at your end. Blessings! xoxo, Pearl